Expertise. Creativity. Results.
Providing Immigration and Personal Injury Counsel in
Los Angeles, CA


How to get a green card with record of an I-601, a waiver for grounds of inadmissibility

If you are living in the U.S. without documentation or a visa, in most cases it is not possible to apply for permanent residency. You may be able to receive a green card through a spouse with citizenship or your adult child if you are without status, but if you are applying after having committed immigration violations in the past, then you will need to request a I-601 waiver first.  Unlike the I-601A waiver, which applies to applicants who are in the U.S. unlawfully, the I-601 waiver for grounds of inadmissibility is for those who in the past entered the […]

Filing a writ of mandamus to force action on a delayed green card or citizenship application 

At times, no action is taken by the USCIS on applications for green cards or citizenship for years. In cases in which USCIS provides no answers or updates, it is possible to file a writ of mandamus, a federal lawsuit to force the agency to take action.  To file a writ of mandamus, you must meet four conditions. One, you must have a lawful right to the request. Two, the USCIS must have a clear duty to perform the action ordered. Three, you must not have any other options available. Four, the processing time for your case must be unreasonably […]

© Law Offices of Gary J. Kim. Attorney Advertising Notice: Information contained in this Web site may be considered attorney advertising. The material and information contained on these pages is intended to provide general information only and not legal advice. You should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in you jurisdiction before relying upon any of the information presented here. You are advised that the acts of sending e-mail to or view or downloading information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. Disclaimer | Sitemap

Translate »