Alien of Extraordinary Ability
If you have an extraordinary ability, you will be eligible for a visa that’s extremely fitting for you: Extraordinary Ability Visa (EB-1A). This is an employment based, first preference visa. It has been created to apply to immigrants who can prove that they have much to offer in their field of expertise and that they “have risen to the very top of their field of endeavor”. Candidates who are without a labor certification or a job offer are eligible to apply and receive a EB-1A petition.
Any immigrants living in the U.S. or abroad may apply if he/she meets the following requirements:
- He/she must have national or international acclaim as proof of her extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics
- He/she must have concrete documentation that acknowledges her/his accomplishments
You must meet at least 3 out of the 10 listed criteria below to prove extraordinary ability in your field:
- Evidence of receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
- Evidence of your membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members
- Evidence of published material about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Evidence that you have been asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel
- Evidence of your original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
- Evidence of your authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Evidence that your work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
- Evidence of your performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
- Evidence that you command a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field
- Evidence of your commercial successes in the performing arts
After meeting the criteria listed above, the immigrant must prove that he/she has intentions to continue to work in the specific field of the her/his extraordinary ability. He/she also must show that the U.S. national interest will be benefited through her work due to its significance.
Applying for a Extraordinary Ability Visa can be a grueling and involving process to provide enough proof of your ability. Be prepared by having a lawyer by your side. It is crucial to have an experienced Extraordinary Ability Visa immigration lawyer by your side to help you through the application process to make sure that you have met all the required criteria to be granted a EB-1A Visa.